Solved

Purchase Order Prepayments

• 4 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Is it possible to create a prepayment for a PO without having to tie it to a specific item/quantity within that PO?  It’s very common for our international vendors to change their PO’s and that messes with any prepayments that may have been applied to those changed quantities.

My question:  How can I apply a prepayment to a purchase order in total without having to attach it to any specific item/quantity/percentage etc?

The same way on the receivables side where you can apply a prepayment to an invoice as a whole.  Example:  Customer owes $10,000 and pays $1,000 towards it.  System shows balance of $9,000 without having to apply that prepayment to any specific item within the invoice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by rchiang 29 November 2022, 12:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @TracyVogt 

A prepayment can be applied without being tied to an item, it’s tied to an amount. Have you tried the Create Prepayment Request on the PO?

Userlevel 2

Yes, but I don’t want to have to attach it to any specific amount within the PO; I just want to apply the prepayment to the PO in total.

Here’s a real example of what I’m trying to do.  I have a PO for $35,220 of which I need to apply $10,000 prepayment deposit on it.  But, the quantities and unit prices for PO’s often change.

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean.  I don’t want to apply the $10,000 to any specific quantities, just the overall PO total.

Think of it like on the receivable side where you can apply a prepayment from a customer to an invoice (or sales order), but don’t have to apply that to any specific quantity within that invoice/SO.  Surely there’s a way to do this on the payables side with PO’s…

Hope this makes sense..

Userlevel 1

We are trying to apply a deposit to a PO and do not want to tie to any specific line, we want it applied to that PO in general.  Is this possible?

Hi @TracyVogt 

Since we’re not able to change the item amount, the workaround to have a single price of prepayment tied to PO is to revise the “Ext. Cost” and keep the percentage 100% per line item.

However, we still can’t change the total amount of a prepayment directly. 

Hope this helps!

--

Robin

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved