Solved

Purchase Accrual GL account and "Allow AP Bill before Receipt"

• 28 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We’ve found that for companies that have the “Allow AP Bill before Receipt” option enabled for their vendors, the Purchase Accrual GL account and the Purchase Accrual Summary report in the Purchases module don’t match. This is because the Purchase Accrual Summary report is based upon PO Receipts. Companies that allow AP Bill before receipt cannot then easily reconcile their Purchase Accrual account.

We can create a different GI or report for this, but before we do, I thought I’d ask -- has anyone else run across this and if so, how did you resolve?

icon

Best answer by rhelton37 30 December 2023, 00:04

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @rhelton37 ,

I think it’s an oversight if the standard report is out of balance with the GL because a certain Vendor checkbox/feature has not been considered in the design of the standard report. Have you opened a support ticket?

This post linked below, answered by Tiffany Seeland, contains at the bottom, an invitation to meet with Dana M. of Acumatica to discuss possible improvements to PO Accruals for future versions of Acumatica. In addition to opening a ticket, you may consider sending a Private Message to Dana containing your support ticket # to see whether your improvement suggestion should be on the list.

I like SArmstrong51’s idea to offer flexibility to use PO Accrual accounts for different situations: Normal versus Drop-Ship, and (maybe) it would improve your situation too, if Acumatica offered a different PO account or a different way to identify/track Bills before Receipts separately. Here is SArmstrong51’s post, though I do not see it as an idea we can vote for.

HTH,

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for your reply @Laura02 !  Since my original post, I found that the Purchase Accrual Balance by Period inquiry that was added in 2022 R1 DOES include AP Bills that have been posted against POs prior to the PO Receipts, and can be accurately reconciled against the GL balance. It can also be used to reconcile prior periods, unlike the Purchase Accrual Summary & Detail reports. We were able to successfully use the GI to help a client reconcile their PO Accrual account over a period of 14 months.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved