Solved

product Subaccount linked to inventory does not allow shipment

• 9 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi 

I created our third subaccount segment, it’s a product subaccount ideally linked to inventory item.

When I create a sales order and sales invoice, I see all 3 subaccounts generated Channel-Customer-product. However, even though the item is invoiced, no issue was created. Usually this is an automatic process but I had to manually look up that issue and when I click release, it has an error, saying Product of subaccount does not exist.

I’m not sure where Acumatica pull the subaccount from.

Here is the screenshot of the customer and inventory ID subaccount:

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 23 November 2023, 21:53

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Please check/show us the subaccounts on GL Accounts tab of the Stock Item being sold. It seems like the Inventory posting class is configured to use subaccounts from the Item (IIII-IIIII-II).

Does the third segment shown in GL Accounts tab of Inventory Item exist in the Segment Values screen, for Subaccount segment 3?

Laura

Hi @Laura02 
here is the product GL accounts tab:

Badge +18

Thank you for posting the GL Accounts tab of the item.

We need to keep searching for where the 3rd segment of your new subaccount is missing.

Please check the Subaccount posting details of the Issues Reason Code used in Issues batch 008028 above), or the default Issues Reason Code if Reason Code is blank in batch 008028.

What is Combine Sub From set to? Depending on the setting, check the subaccount on additional items .

Laura

Hi @Laura02 

the reason code for the issue is blank,

I screenshot the below inventory preferences:

Hi @Laura02 , to follow up on this, I realised if I create an exact same copy of the inventory, the system works, and posted to the 3rd product subaccount. Does that mean I have to recreate the entire inventory list?

It appears to me that the inventory subaccount is not updated retrospectively, which is strange as customer subaccounts works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

One time I had to uncheck the copy COGS Sub from Sales, I then ran an import scenario to just update the COGS Sub, then turn that option back on.  Alternatively, you could probably turn on mass edit from the Stock Item GI to update the COGS Sub accounts. 

I can’t remember the exact circumstances, but it was using the old Sub account even though that was selected.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved