Solved

Process Bank Transactions - How to match multiple bank transactions to single payment

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

We have a vendor for whom we paid multiple invoices in one payment batch. Therefore, there is only one payment reflected in ACU. However, the payment amounts for each invoice withdrew from the cash account individually, so there are now multiple bank transactions that match to a single payment. 

Acumatica allows you to select multiple payments to match to a single bank transaction, but it does not appear to work the other way around. Does anyone know a way to get this to work that I may be missing, or a handy workaround? I would like to avoid voiding and recreating the payments if I can, but let me know if that is the only way.

icon

Best answer by jhenggeler 22 January 2024, 20:53

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @jhenggeler ,

I notice your idea has been suggested in the Ideas section of Acumatica Community. If you didn’t already do so, please vote for it here:

Laura

Thanks for the reply, @Laura02! If I am reading that idea accurately, I don’t think it is exactly the same scenario. To me, that one sounds like they have one bank transaction on the left side of the screen that they wish to connect to multiple invoices on the right side of the screen; am I understanding correctly?

In my scenario, I have multiple bank transactions on the left side of the Process Bank Transactions screen that all match to a single payment on the right side of the screen. 

Going forward, we may be able to change procedures to individualize the payments on the right side of the screen to 1:1 match the left, but I have 3-4 months of activity I need to figure out how to match.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jhenggeler were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

For anyone searching this topic: the only solution I have found so far is the workaround to verify items agree outside the Process Bank Transaction window, then mark larger ACU transaction as cleared & reconciled in the Reconciliation Statements window and hide all the smaller bank transactions in the Process Bank Transaction window. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved