Skip to main content
Question

PO Status - Closed even though not fully billed

• 4 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Is there a reason why a PO Status is getting changed to closed when we still have unbilled receipts and the PO is still open?

For example - we do a PO for 7 boxes, do receiving for 7 boxes but first invoice from vendor against the PO is only for 6 boxes. When we enter that first invoice, the PO status is getting changed to closed which is very confusing for both our purchasing and AP Team. We are still able to a bill for the remaining 1 item, but it is confusing since from a high level it seems the PO is fully completed and closed.

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I checked the Acumatica Help for Purchase Order Status and you are correct:  the status should not change to Closed until the PO is fully received and billed. Showing Help from version 2023 R2.

It may be helpful to know your version. It may be helpful to know if your site has customizations. If the site is customized, does the Purchase Order status behavior change when customizations are temporarily un-published?

Is it possible that a Business Event is allowing automation to close the Purchase Orders prematurely?

I hope these ideas lead you to a solution.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura,

We are currently on Cloud ERP 2023R2. Looking at our business events I don’t see any that would change the status. 

I am not sure if this changes anything, but we only use non-stock inventory since we manage inventory outside of Acumatica.

Badge +18

Hi,

I’m wondering why Unbilled Qty is 0 for your PO.  It’s different from my test results when I entered a PO for 44 items. I received all 44 and then entered a bill for only 40 - MY PO remained on Completed status.  Could prematurely-closed PO’s be related to the Vendor Setting to allow the Bill before Receipt?  More Help definitions:

Is your PO’s Unbilled Quantity based on the Receipt? or the Order?

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura,

The vendor is set to not allow AP bill before receipt and the PO is set to do billing based off receipt

I wonder if the problem is that when I create the invoice, I am using the “ADD PO RECEIPT” button to do the 3 way matching and link the invoice but then changing the quantity to match the invoice.

Badge +18

Hello,

Whether I create the AP Bill from the Receipt or pull the Receipt into a freshly typed AP Bill… my PO remains Completed status until the entire amount is Billed and the last Bill is released.

When you change the Quantity to match the Invoice, does the $ amount change too?  In my case, it does, so neither the full amount nor the full quantity is Billed, and the PO remains Completed status.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura,

When I change the quantity to match the invoice, the $ amount automatically changes also.

I tried a scenario where I did a PO for 2, did two separate receipts for 1 and then only did one invoice. Even in this scenario, it closed our PO

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @afranklin were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Chris, sadly did not find a solution yet