Skip to main content

Hello - 

I want to set an approval process for “normal” PO’s. However, I want to exclude the process for Drop-Ship POs. What is the best way to do this?

I have some automation that will generate the PO for our drop ships.

When I turn on an approval for the Normal PO I start getting an error regarding the lack of an owner on the PO. 

Hi @cmoreland ,

Approval maps are set up by PO Doc Type, like below.  There shouldn’t be an issue configuring a map for just Normals.  Are you saying you get an error when you try to do that?

I am saying that it is forcing an approval on types not listed. This is breaking some automations I have on drop-ship types. I only set up an approval process on the “normal type.” As I understand it if there is no approval process set for a type, it should process as usual. 

I am saying that it is forcing an approval on types not listed. This is breaking some automations I have on drop-ship types. I only set up an approval process on the “normal type.” As I understand it if there is no approval process set for a type, it should process as usual. 

HI @cmoreland 

Do you have any customizations for PO’s?

I realized I needed to link the “admin user” to an employee account so an owner could be set using the process PO screen.