Solved

Override AR Cash Discount

• 7 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there a way to override AR Cash Discount? Payments is not letting me enter cash discount amounts. I am getting the error “The amount entered exceeds the remaining cash discount balance” I am assuming that this is due to the fact that the payment date is greater than the Cash discount date. 

Can this be overridden?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 7 February 2023, 17:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @byates 

Can you share screen shots of what you are seeing? What steps you are taking to try to override and status of the document?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 

Below is a screen shot of the current error. I did figure out that I can go into each invoice and change the Cash Discount date after the AR invoice is released (grossly inefficient given the number of invoices on a remittance). This allows me to enter a CD. However, since the system calculates the CD based of the total invoice price and the customer calculates the CD based of the Gross invoice price (before discounts are taken) my “available Cash Discount Balance” in the system is always less than what is being taken. So, now while I have found a work around the the date constraint I am still in the same spot as the available discount is not big enough for the actual CD taken. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @byates 

You currently can not do a discount on the Payments screen, it would need to be done on the Bill before the Payment. 

There is an idea for a future consideration in the community for this functionality, you could vote for that. 

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/allow-override-to-cash-discount-taken-amount-and-account-number-while-entering-payments-3294

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @kandybeatty49 

I have to admit, this is a completely unconceivable design. While I understand controls that guard against taking un planned discounts, to completely lock out manual intervention is a BIG oversight on the Devs part. This issue, literally, makes the AR module unusable for our Company, as 98% of our customers take discounts regardless of the remit date and take them off Gross invoice before discounts.

Nonetheless, I am always appreciative of your input. You are a rockstar!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks @kandybeatty49 

I have to admit, this is a completely unconceivable design. While I understand controls that guard against taking un planned discounts, to completely lock out manual intervention is a BIG oversight on the Devs part. This issue, literally, makes the AR module unusable for our Company, as 98% of our customers take discounts regardless of the remit date and take them off Gross invoice before discounts.

Nonetheless, I am always appreciative of your input. You are a rockstar!

I appreciate your kind words! :)

Userlevel 2

Has anyone had any luck finding a solution? We are in a similar position where the majority of discounts taken by our customers (or even ourselves) fall outside the “actual” allowed days. Desperately need the ability to manually enter discount $ amounts on both AR/AP payments due to the large volume of discount transactions we have.

Not sure if a workaround is to just fake the days by artificially inflating the discount days like I did in the below sample where I changed discount days from 10 to 999

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved