Solved

Migrated balance cannot be less than zero or greater than the document amount

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi!

When loading open AP with balances and/or retention, which screen fields are referred to in the error message as “Migrated Balance” and “Document Amount”? We were able to load cleanly with migration mode off as an initial test, but not with migration mode on as is needed.

Thank you,

Dave Z

icon

Best answer by dmzasdf 6 May 2022, 19:42

View original

13 replies

Badge +16

Hello,

I’m not sure I can help you because my retainage migration experience is in the AR module, but I will try,and maybe my comments will give you an idea to try in your test environment.

In AR, the Migrated Balance = open amount of AR invoice (column M below). Document amount = Original document amount (this field is not in our import to AR). We are importing AR invoices with AR migration mode ON -- with migration mode off, the Balance field at top of invoice is not available. This example includes 3 AR invoices with unreleased retainage. Maybe you can try something similar with a test import to AP. Good luck.

~ Edited: one more thought. I think the “document amount” referred to in the error message is the total of the original lines on your AP Bill, not necessarily an imported field. The error may be saying, the “open balance” of your AP Bill import is higher than the sum of the lines → the lines should be the original amount of the lines on the AP Bill.  The balance is the unpaid amount of the bill.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, Laura.

We are now being told that retainage in migration mode is not currently supported by Acumatica.

Have you proven that to be incorrect at least for AR by using the above approach?

Thank you,

Dave Z

Badge +16

Hi Dave,

I’m sorry that I don’t know about AP.  In AR there was a customization provided from Acumatica to help us migrate open AR invoices with retainage balances (so that future retainage could be released in AR and AIA reports can be printed correctly for ongoing construction projects after Go Live).

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, Laura.

Thank you for the clarification. We are avoiding customizations, so plan to import without using migration mode, then create a journal entry to reverse out the distributions in the GL.

Thank you,

Dave Z

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dmzasdf were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

No. We had to load with migration mode off, then back out the journal impacts.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I had the same issue, then I try to off the migration mode and try but still have the error as 

“The document is out of the balance.”

Badge +16

Hi @dwijebandara26 ,

It helps us to answer if we see a screen shot (or xml export) of your import scenario, and screen shot or example of the Excel. Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

please find the attached screen shots and the excel sheet. this is only sample test data for test the process.

Badge +16

Hello, in this attachment I see only your Excel test records.  Can you show the Import Scenario mapping please?  

I wonder if Validate Totals on Entry is checked ON in AP Preferences?  If so then your import needs to include Bill Balance and Amount in the summary area, in addition to Ext. Amount on each line.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi laura01,

Thank you for the update, Validate Totals on Entry is checked ON in AP Preferences so I un select it and run the import by scenario then it works.

Thank you

Desh

Hello,

I work in Swedish ERP system Visma.net which has strong “ties” to Acumatica. We had the exact same issue with importing supplier invoices and the error message “migrated balance cannot be less than zero...” - The problem turned out to be that the sum from the invoice rows + VAT did not match with the total amount we tried to put in the invoice header. This error was caused by a rounding mismatch in the imported invoices. 

We managed to fix this by calculating the invoice rounding in the import scenario, so we calculated what rounding difference was in the excel-file and added it in the import scenario also. Then we got fully balanced invoices and could finally import all invoices without any error.

Regards,
Alec Axelblom

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Alec,

it will help others if you could share your import scenario file.

Thanks

Desh

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved