Solved

Match multiple bank transactions to a single invoice

• 6 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have an invoice from a supplier that was shipped in multiple pieces.  Consequently they charged our credit card with multiple charges.  But, we only have a single invoice entered in AP.

When trying to clear the bank transaction I can select “match to multiple invoices”, enter the vendor’s name into the “business name” and I see the single invoice.  

If I select that invoice it correctly shows me an “unmatched amount” but I can’t figure out how to them match this to the second credit card charge.

This doesn’t feel like an unusual practice so I’m assuming that I’m doing something wrong.

icon

Best answer by MinushaWeerasuriya76 6 December 2023, 20:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Please refer the below:

Process Bank Transactions - match multiple transactions to the same Invoice | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 2

Wow.  This seems pretty standard business process from almost all of the major online retailers.  Amazon seems to always break up shipments and then charge your card separately for each item.  Apple does this, as does Bestbuy, etc etc etc.

The only option I can come up with is to create fictious invoices for each shipment.  And I have to believe that this approach will cause nothing but head aches when it comes time to reconcile GST.

Yikes!

Thanks for the link.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved