Solved

Mark vendors bills for 1099

• 13 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Below there is a article on how to remove the 1099 boc on a released Bill

Is there are article on how to add 1099 box for vendor that was not marked as 1099 vendor but should have been ?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 December 2023, 21:26

View original

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Update Vendor Profile to check ON 1099 Vendor.

Open Bills for the Vendor shown above and add 1099 Box Number to the appropriate lines:

In my limited test of updating 1 vendor & 1 AP Bill document, I did not need to Recalculate Vendor Balances, for them to ‘magically’ appear on 1099 Year Summary report for the year in which the AP Bill was paid.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

what about released or paid bill?

Badge +18

Yes, above is shown a released, OPEN bill & I’m able to add 1099 Box. (Bills are not included in 1099’s until they are paid.)

Below is shown a released, CLOSED (paid) bill & I’m able to add 1099 box.

Here is the updated 1099 summary. Recalculate vendor balances not needed in my examples. I’m showing 2022 R2.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I am not able to update the 1099 Box in the detail line of closed bill … vendor marked as 1099 vendor after bill closed, this is 23R2 sales demo, admin user

Is there something else that allows this for you ?

Badge +18

Hi @dsimmerly ,

I made no special changes; here are the steps I completed.

• I looked for a random vendor who was not marked for 1099 and already had a paid bill.
  •  I checked ON the 1099 Vendor setting and added a default box (a good habit) to the vendor.
  • Opened the paid bill, double-clicked the 1099 Box and filled in a box number.
  • Printed 1099 report to verify the amount on the paid bill was picked up and included.

Is 1099 checked ON for vendor ATDSECUR in your example? In my sales demo, ATDSECUR is not marked as a 1099 vendor:

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

My bad, I am not have refreshed after changing the vendor it works…  FYI years ago you could not do this… thanks

Badge +18

Yes!  It’s a wonderful new feature, helps us to recover & correct when vendor was set up improperly.

LB

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved