Question

Linking SO to PO

• 30 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is is possible to link SO to an already existing PO? if so then what’s the process

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @helpdesk37 

Here are the steps:

To Link a Sales Order to an Existing Purchase Order

1. Open the Sales Orders (SO301000) form.
  2. In the Order Type box, select the order type.
  3. In the Order Nbr. box, select the reference number of the order to be linked.
  4. On the Details tab, for each line that is marked for purchasing, do the following:
    1. Click the line, and on the table toolbar, click PO Link.
    2. In the Purchasing Details dialog box, which opens, select Purchase to Order in the PO Source box.
    3. In the Vendor box, select the vendor from which the items have to be purchased.
    4. In the Purchase Warehouse box, specify the destination warehouse.
    5. In the table of the dialog box, select the unlabeled check boxes in the row of a purchase order line to be linked to the sales order line.
    6. Click Save to link the orders and close the dialog box.
  5. Save your changes to the sales order.               

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for your response but still I can not proceed the Purchase detail screen is greyed out

Kindly Advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for your response but still I can not proceed the Purchase detail screen is greyed out

Kindly Advise

Hi @helpdesk37 

Is that line item marked as completed?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Kandy, 

The vendor is appearing and  I can choose, but nothing is appearing where I can specify the PO nbr, the PO type….. even if I mark the PO as completed

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @helpdesk37 

That line for PO should not be marked as complete. Try to uncheck it and then see if it allows the link.

Also, does the PO you want to link have that item on it?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @helpdesk37 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved