Solved

inventory vs purchase ( cost of good sold )

• 23 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

Hi 

would like to clarify the Acumatica system logic for inventory and purchase .

does it mean system capture into purchase only Issue inventory ?  Credit : inventory , Debit : purchase ?

once AP bill created , it will go to credit trade payable and debit to PO in accrual ? 

if above understanding correct , Does it mean don’t have closing stock in Acumatica system? only purchase where equal to cost of good sold?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 23 October 2020, 15:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Erin

It does debit Inventory and credit ‘Purchase accrual’ account on Purchase of Inventory.

The COGs is recorded for ‘Issued’ quantity against Sales Invoice.

Here is specific documentation link which explains Inventory Purchase related transactions.

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=ac5ef55a-9fc9-4a8b-ac25-6b22618a71ba

Hope this clarifies,

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi  vkumar 

thanks for your prompt reply .

yes , it is

1. debit inventory credit  PO accrual

2. Debit  PO accrual , credit to Trade payable 

which mean system will direct offeset PO accrual and credit to trade payable ? 

can I check with you why the closing is 
Zero transaction in my system ? 

Hope to hear from you soon

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi vkumar 

usually , the cost of good sold In P&L  is equal to purchase + ( movement of closing stock)

if base on transaction that you mentioned .does it mean the cost of good that you mean is reflected in P&L ? Which mean no closing stock in P&L? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Erin

You are correct. The Cost of goods sold and the ‘Revenue’ (sales) is reflected on P&L. The inventory (Closing stock) is reflected  on Balance sheet. 

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi vkumar 

thank very much for your reply .

Can I finalized at once inventory issue , system will auto capture credit inventory and debit to purchase ( cost of good sold) ? that is the reason no closing stock in P& L and only inventory in BS ? 

For the PO in accrual is only capture purchase of inventory and not belong to cost of good sold 

please correct my understanding  of system logic is correct .

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Erin

You are correct.  Let me know if you have further questions,

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved