Solved

Intercompany transactions between companies with different financial calendars

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have two branches with different financial periods one ends Dec 31 and the other ends March 31.  Can I still do intercompany transactions?  It appears to put the transaction in the period used on the GL journal transaction from the branch it is created on.  So if I create the transaction from the December branch in December the period it uses is 12-2023.  But 12-2023 is March 31, 2023 in the fiscal year company.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 November 2023, 20:18

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes it is possible to have Interbranch transactions between two companies in one tenant when “Multiple Calendar Support” feature is Activated and the companies have different fiscal years.

Each batch may only have ONE Post Period in the batch header, and the period in the header should match the fiscal year of the company that is listed in the header of the batch or in the Financial tab of a document.  Different lines of the batch or document could have different Post Periods based on the Company or Branch.

What periods do you see in the lines of your Intercompany batches?

Thank you.

Laura

Hi Laura,

I thought I was crazy.  It shows the master period on the GL, but I have since found that it IS posting to the fiscal AND calendar years correctly.  Thanks for the response.  Sometimes it just takes a nudge on a long day!

Dawn

Badge +18

Hi Dawn,

I’m glad the post worked out and answered your questions.  Sometimes all we need is reassurance. 🙂

Best regards,

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved