Solved

INITEMPLAN ISSUE: Customer in Status Credit Hold, Terms Prepay. New SO, SO Status is on hold, they remove the SO hold and everything that is changed after that creates INItemPlan issue.

My Client has customers that are setup with Prepay Terms. Some of the Customers sometimes are with Status: Credit Hold. 

While the customer is set as Credit Hold and Terms are Prepay, users create a Sales Orders. The order changes to Status On Hold until a Prepayment is entered, then they enter a prepayment/payment and SO Status changes to Open. So far, great… Customer is still on a Credit Status so the user goes and changes it to Active. All of the sudden I get a report that I have an issue in InItemPlan where the Hold field is True (t), while all other tables the status is False (f).

There is a known issue and says it was fixed in Build 2021 R1 21.102.0070:

My client has 2021 R1- Build 21.106.0024 and I do have the GI that is provided on the the link above. I even created a Widget and Business Event to alert and send out an email when this happens.

So far what I gathered after all the testing that was done, we think it has to do with SO Cache not refreshing or reading when customer status changes.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you 

Wileyska Sandoval.

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 11 June 2022, 10:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@willie98 , as far I see, there is another root cause which leads to the same outcome and is fixed in 21.114:

See ‘Known Issues for 2021 R1’ (https://sso.acumatica.com/Main?ScreenId=KI2021R1&PageID=994d89e7-82a1-41eb-8465-9db854ab3c04)

AC-203120: If a sales order was created for a customer on credit hold, then the status of the customer was changed from Credit Hold to Active, and then a user tried to create a shipment for the sales order on the Sales Orders (SO301000) form, the system displayed the following error: “Order does not contain items planned for shipment“.
Workaround: On the Sales Orders form, put the sales order on hold and then assign it the Open status back. To identify documents affected by the issue, please perform the instructions of the knowledge base article

Hi @mvolshteyn 

I will have my team update to build 21.114: to make sure, but I am pretty sure we tested with latest Version and Build and it was still happening. This is what we found:

Customer is on CH
User enters a SO, order status is OPEN

While on the order, we use the “pencil” to open Customer screen.

Customer screen comes up, user removes CH, closes Customer screen

Back on SO Screen, user does not refresh, does not save, closes SO- INPLAN error comes up.

We are thinking at this point it’s a cache issue.

Any thoughts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@willie98 , I did not test this scenario, but it does not look as an obvious issue to me

Obviously, first customer status should be settled, then a sales order lines should be entered

If it is done vice versa, order lines need to be ‘refreshed’ - i.e either have quantity retyped or the order should be put to and removed from hold

We have been doing the workaround suggested above, but it’s getting to be very annoying for my client.

My client has over 200 employees and work in different buildings- AR Dept in one building, SO Dept in another where they cannot be checking with each other every second. Their customer data base has over 4500 customers and most of them have locations, the number is over 30K. Credit Hold rules can change every second on a customer and for sure every 20 minutes because they run an automation to check on this and change status.

We have also instructed the users to save or refresh SO due to what I’ve explained before- Cache issue, that seems to have relieve a bit the situation. 

I’ll keep reporting back if I find anything else.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved