Solved

Importing Trial Balance

• 23 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I’m importing trial balance . the debit and credit amounts exactly tally in the excel. but system keep showing below error. Appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Dulanjana 

icon

Best answer by vkumar 24 January 2022, 04:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dsenevirathne54 

Note the Credit balance is reflecting negative number. You can try the following if you prefer to use the same file :

1.  Delete the existing Trail Balance (if imported and saved)

2.  On the GL Preferences screen - change the Sign of Trial Balance from Normal to Reversed

3.  Create a new Trial Balance and import the data once again. Check and confirm if the balances on the Trial balance match

Refer to following documentation as well:

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=e4913d06-c511-4258-a0f9-f36c1b854e6b

Hope this helps,

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vkumar ,

it was really helpful & appreciate your help on that. Further I have an one issue. Appreciate if you could help.

When we import the TB , there are account balances in the Exceptions Tab. the system behavior is to generate entries to make accounts balances of exception tab to zero. How can we stop this and import the trial balance without affecting the accounts balances of the exceptions tab. 

Thanks ,

Dulanjana 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dsenevirathne54 

There is no option to avoid that functionality. The GL numbers wont match if one does try skip that process. You may elaborate the reason why you need to skip generating GL entry based on exception. 

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vkumar ,

I will elaborate the requirement. 

I’m doing a testing on import first Trial balance to the system because the go live date is soon. 

1. Initially I created import scenarios and imported AR, AP and Inventory balances to the system using a clearing accounts since these balances should be imported through invoices and transactions.
  2. The I’m trying to import other account balances which should be imported as GL balances. For this purpose I’m using Trial Balance form . When I import I faced that issue , removing balances of AR ,AP Inventory & clearing accounts which were available in exceptions tab.

With the constrain I faced I think it would be better to Import the balances which should be imported as ledger balances first and then import the AR,AP and Inventory Balances. Then I can skip the issue with exception tab since there will be no balance for the tab. 

and I see a solution to import the trail balance as a JV upload because I can skip the issue by this as well.

This is my first Acumatica Go live and appreciate if you could comment on my approach and better if you could suggest a better approach.

Thanks,

Dulanjana 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved