How to create approval flow in Expenses Claim

• 6 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

Hi Sir

Not sure if anyone know how to create the approval flow in the Expenses Claim?It would be good if you can give me a guide/step to create the approval flow.

Reefe to below, there is not able to “ add” in the approval details.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 9 November 2020, 06:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @erin ! To see approvals for Expense Claims you’ll want to make sure one is selected in the Time & Expense Preferences:

If there is not an existing approval map to choose, you can click the pencil to make a new one.

Once you’ve made the expense claim, you should see the details on the claim once it is submitted:

Here is a link to the help documentation on Expense Claim Approvals:

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(8))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=ace4d71a-cfd2-4634-8e92-edad9c2a0f4b

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Benjamin

Thanks for your prompt reply. In my system , not able to find the Time and expenses preferences 

Is it because user authority issue ?

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @erin ! To see approvals for Expense Claims you’ll want to make sure one is selected in the Time & Expense Preferences:

If there is not an existing approval map to choose, you can click the pencil to make a new one.

Once you’ve made the expense claim, you should see the details on the claim once it is submitted:

Here is a link to the help documentation on Expense Claim Approvals:

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(8))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=ace4d71a-cfd2-4634-8e92-edad9c2a0f4b

Hi Benjamin

Thanks for your very clear step to guide me. i manage to do that :)

Currently , I would like to send the Expense Claim Pending Approval notification to the approver to inform them to approve the claim . I go to the notification template as below.

In Approval Map (Blue box): I set the approver is employee and and employee : FLSSG05 . I want trigger the notification email to her once the claim submitted.

In Notification Template (Green box) : May i know what formula command that i need to enter in the green box in order to send the notification email to appover?  as i based on the below formula command is not sucessfuly send to notification email to the approver. 

Not sure if you could help this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @erin 

((Approval.OwnerID.EMail)) should work. Let us know the result.  We have following sample notification on our Sales demo data. You can test that as well. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hi, how do a restrict user to release expense claim using the approval map? Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved