Question

How to check "Depreciate" to calculate fixed asset depreciation after previously unchecking ?

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear ALL,

Fixed assets were purchased but have not yet been depreciated, so we unchecked the “Depreciate” field. Now we want to continue depreciating that fixed asset, what should we do?

Currently it is not possible to check again into the “Depreciate” field.

Note: Acumatica Version 2020.R1

Best Regards,

NNT

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think it is possible to Check the Depreciable checkbox after purchase transactions have been entered, using standard Acumatica, without customizations.  Please vote for your idea here:

You may be able to delete or dispose the asset and re-create it as a depreciable asset. 

You or your partner, or Acumatica Support may be able to un-select the box using other means such as a customization project (Test the change carefully in a test tenant if you decide to pursue this kind of change).

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laura02 ,

I think this is also the idea for Acumatica's new feature. This feature is possible to check the Depreciable checkbox after purchase transactions have been entered.

However, I do not have access to the link to enter this idea.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nhatnghetinh - Certain areas of the community (KBs, Ideas, etc.) require your account has the role of customer or partner. Your role shows as a registered guest. You would need to work with whoever administers your business account on Acumatica CRM to change that or contact your designated support. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved