Solved

How to book a JE to an IC account without triggering IC entries on release

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am trying to reverse the I/C entries on this entry:

When I try to book the reversing entry, the I/C automatically reverses it, as shown below:

I understand this is working as it should, but we have a one-off event we need to account for in this manner.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this reversed without triggering the balancing entries?

Thanks,

Sarah

icon

Best answer by Laura02 12 March 2024, 15:24

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello Sarah,

If I understand your question, you would like to make a credit to branch PROCORP account 2034 in the amount of 111,410.26 with a debit to branch A AUXCORP account 1425 in the same amount.

Correct? Let me know if I’ve misunderstood.

The above suggested entry would cause an out of balance situation where Assets do not match Liabilities (Balance Sheet does NOT balance) in either company. I can’t recommend the above (out of balance by branch) entry as a solution. 

Please check with your CPA:  is there another account that can be used, in each branch to make the entries balanced by Branch? For example:

PROCORP     2034            credit                                        111,410.26

PROCORP     9999            debit Misc Expense Account     111,410.26

A AUXCORP   1425          Debit           111,410.26

A AUXCORP    9999         Credit          111,410.26

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved