Question

How do I uncheck the cash account box in Chart of Accounts screen?

• 10 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

A client is wanting to uncheck the Cash Account box for the account shown below, but I am unsure of how to do this since it is greyed out.

What would I need to change in the sysem to clear this checkbox?

Kind regards,

Andrew

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello, Acumatica checks the box when a Cash Account in Banking module is connected to the GL account. To remove the check mark in chart of accounts, delete the Cash Account in Banking or connect the bank account to a different GL account. 

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your quick response! I had a look in the Cash Accounts screen and can’t see that account to delete, as shown below.

For connecting the bank account to a different GL Account, which screen would I need to go to to make this change?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Badge +18

Hi,

I can’t tell from the above screen capture of Cash Accounts, whether any is connected to the GL Account # 11900. Please use Column Configurator button to expose the GL Account number.

Show GL Account in Cash Accounts preview list

11900 could be connected to a Cash Account from any company/branch, causing Cash Account to be checked ON in  Chart of Accounts.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura,

Here is a snippet of the screen with the Account column added, and it looks like 11900 isn’t in that column either. Could it be set up anywhere else in the system?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Badge +18

Hi, I know of no other reason for cash account to be checked on, other than the GL account is connected to a Banking Cash account. 
If you have customizations that could be interfering, you might temporarily disable them, to see if behavior is different.

I hope someone else will have ideas for you…

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @AndrewA 

Along with what @Laura02  stated, can you run the transactions for Account report for that account and see what transactions are hitting that account? There could be or have been multiple GL accounts tied to that cash account at one point. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved