Question

Goods shipped by sea date of invoice

• 1 April 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello there

We are an importer of goods and often use sea shipments from the Far East, which means we are invoiced in full by the supplier when the goods are handed over to the agent at the port (say month 1) and then the goods can take up to 9 weeks to arrive and then they are booked in (say month 3).With previous software I have had two date fields, one the posting date which is when the entry arrives in the accounts and two the document date which is the date of the suppiers invoice. This way the invoice would be entered as the same date as the receipt of goods but the aging could be arranged by document date. All very helpful. Acumatica has only one date field avaiable for a purchase invoice and I am not sure what to do for the best. I know we could probably use Goods in Transit booking which is technically the correct way but we prefer not to as we are such a small company and would prefer one entry instead of two. (booking goods in and then transferring them once they arrive)….Does anyone have  any ideas for me. All gratefully received.

Malinda

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved