Skip to main content
Solved

GL Register Detailed report filter

• 19 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all

I would like to print the GL Register detail report filtering by account number. When I tried, I filtered in the GLTran table but it only shows one line of the journal transaction.

What I need is that the report shows the journal with all its lines if the policy contains the filtered account.

Have you done something similar?

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The Transactions for Account report might do what you’re looking for.  This will give you all the journal lines for a specific account and period range.  If you need a range of accounts, try Transactions for Period.

Hi @meganfriesen37 

That report shows a summary of the journals; all the columns are taken from the journal headers. What I need is to display the details, similar to the detailed GL Register, but at the same time, filter only the journals that contain the selected account as an attribute.

I need this level of detail but when I filtered by account, it displays only one line of the account selected. 

Badge +18

Hello,

Once the filter by account is applied, reports apply the filter to each transaction individually. Other transactions from the same batch would not be included in report results because the filter excludes them.

To filter on account and yet still see a full batch, you may be able to create a Generic Inquiry that has a parameter to choose one account, and lists all transactions for the selected account including Batch Number.  Then add a Side Panel to connect from batch numbers contained in transaction lines on the left to display the full batch, all lines of Journal Transactions screen on the side panel on the right.

I hope this idea works out for you.

Laura