Solved

Fully depreciated Assets with NBV 0 , How to stop depreciation

• 22 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

I have imported some assets which are 0 NBV and are fully depreciated. depreciation method is DV and the asset is depreciated sooner than when it should  be. when I calculate the Depreciation it still calculate depreciation amount eventhough it  should be zero. how can I stop this? I cannot seem to see any status of fully depreciated on the front end. 

Thanks for your help

Ghazal 

icon

Best answer by johnythevara48 24 February 2023, 22:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Actually as soon as I took them off hold they changed the status automatically 

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Got the same problem.

This is what I found out. On balances tab for the asset with this issue, the value in the "Last Depr. Period" is few months before the "Depr. to period". As far as I can see from other fully depreciated assets these values should be the same for a fully depreciated asset(pls correct me if I am wrong here).
Now as for the solution, I deleted the asset and re-imported the asset without making any corrections in the import file. The second import came in as a "fully depreciated asset". 
Not sure what went wrong with the first time. 

Userlevel 2

Also please check Receipt Date, Place-in-Service date and Book1 Depreciation From columns in your import file. One of them was different in my case (figuring out now). I still need to test and recreate it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

hi @johnythevara48 , yes I did exactly the same I deleted the asset ( it was in TEST) and recreated it again manually realised the depreciate to date client had given was out by 1 or 2 months. so I added the correct period and as soon as I tool the Asset off hold it went back to Fully depreciated status. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved