Solved

Fixed Asset Report fields

Userlevel 2
Badge

Can anyone tell me what the formula $AdditionsInPeriod or $DisposalInPeriod in a FA report means? I assume it means the total additions or disposals for the period but I am not familiar with the prefix $.

The report I am working on seems fine but the totals do not balance. I am trying to understand the field content so I can correct the totals.

Many thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by ejmillar 10 May 2024, 16:53

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Anything with a “$” in front of it is a Variable in the report, so you’ll need to find the section of the report where this variable is calculated to identify the formula behind it.

There’s more information about variables here: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2dc83394-349f-4a45-b0df-e8f7a8a4b618

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Megan. I am really battling with totals on a report. It is a fixed asset report and the totals are completely wrong. Can anyone assist? Here is the formula:

=sum([FADetails.AcquisitionCost])

The other formulae seems to work just fine, e.g. =$AdditionsInPeriod or =$BeginningDepr but that doesn’t work for the Acquisition Cost. 

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good day all - I have had some advice regarding the above case and the relevant formulae. A colleague suggested that I should insert variables in the report, but I still don’t get the correct result. Maybe I am not doing it correctly? Does anyone have any advice please. Getting desperate now.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

Can you post the whole formula for the variable?

Is the calculation for a group?

If it is you will need to set the group in the ResetGroup property of the variable.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Ewan

yes, the formula is for a group, i.e. Fixed Asset Class. However, it is only the Acquisition cost and Closing Cost that are not calculating properly.

Here is the Variable formula: =$TotalBeginningAmount+$BeginningAmount

Added it to GroupFooterSection1

I’m not sure if I added it in the right place or if it is the right formula

Where would I add the ResetGroup property?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge

The reset group is highlighted below. It will need to be set to the Fixed Asset Class.

Can you upload the report so I can take a look at the issue?

Thanks,

Ewan.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sure I can. I am renaming it to a .doc file so I can upload it. It is a .rpx file, so I think you will have to rename it.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I’ve made a few changes. Can you see if this works?

Regards,

Ewan.

Userlevel 2
Badge

There are some differences but the totals are still not correct.

Acquisition Cost (only running report for 1 class) - incorrect - s/be 1 034 219.31

Additions - correct - 54 258.08

Closing Cost - incorrect - 1 088 477.39

Thanks so much for trying to help me.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try the attached report. I’m about to sign off for the day so if you need anymore help then I’ll be available on Monday.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there Ewan - I am so grateful for you assistance. We are almost there. The Acquisition Cost is still out a little on SOME of the categories, but weirdly, the closing cost is correct, as are all the other fields. 

Unfortunately I can’t identify the differences - the do not relate to any particular asset(s). I have tried to look at the formulae for both but they are so different so I can’t identify the difference.  

Do you have any idea what I should look for?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Barbara,

Can you change the variable $BeginningAmount to the following to see if that fixes the issue?

=$BeginningAmount+ iif($History = 0,
    [HistoryLast.YtdBal]
    - iif([FAHistoryByPeriod.FinPeriodID] = [FAHistoryByPeriod.LastActivityPeriod],                    [HistoryLast.PtdAcquired]
         + [HistoryLast.PtdDisposalAmount]
         - [HistoryLast.YtdRGOL]
         + [HistoryLast.PtdDepreciated],
    0),
[FADetails.AcquisitionCost])

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Ewan - I’m afraid not. The Class totals remain the same but the Grand Total has gone out completely. Strangely, when I tried changing the formula (my changes didn’t work) then changed it back to yours, it worked on a test system, but is out again when I transferred to the Live system.

Report Totals for Acquisition Cost

Original 147 632 060.97
Calculation 147 672 020.96
Revised

7 678 869.52

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi again Ewan

I though you might be interested to know that the report works perfectly for the current year. It is only if I run it for the previous financial year that it shows differences in some classes.

It’s a mystery but Im going to run with it for now. I can’t spend any more time on it now.

Thanks so much for your help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved