Skip to main content
Solved

Financial Statement

• 28 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I need in formatting profit and Loss financials Statement so that you can see it monthly. As a trend Like January to April 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello!

Have you tried using the Data Source on your Column Set to adjust the Period?

Userlevel 1

Am new to acumatica so its like talking im Latin right now. I will try to go to data Source

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Take a look at the comments from Tim here:  https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-analytical-report-manager-financial-report-writer/rolling-12-month-report-profit-loss-pl-in-acumatica/#post-9290  He’s got a bunch of great screenshots of how to do a monthly P&L / Income Statement

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you tried using the Data Source on your Column Set to adjust the Period?

I am trying this for the first time. Do you know if there are additional settings/formulas required? I’m trying to count-up from column 1 (being period 01-xxxx), so I’ve used offset as 1 rather than -1 and my results for that column are returning blank. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you use Start Period 01-____ (leave the year blank) it will pick the first period of the year that the user enters as their “start period” when they run the report.

If you use the offset period option, and put in 1 in the period field, it wants to add a period to the “start period” that the user enters.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @meganfriesen37, so ‘offset’ only applies to the report parameter entered @StartPeriod and @EndPeriod?

Is there a best quick an easy ‘best practice’ for a 12m side by side monthly P&L that returns the data in between the start and end? For instance, the user defines start as 01-2024 and end as 06-2024 (though there is partial data in 07-2024) only period 01-06 should return data? Period 01 will also be the first column. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

I’ve done it in the past where I set up all the periods with their own columns and just have the user enter the “Start Period” (Which I really treat as the end period) and then in each column, I have a visibility setting to say (i.e. for period 02-2024)
Formula for Period 2:  =IIf(Left(@StartPeriod,2) <=02, true, false)