• 4 replies

how do i extract customers master file in a CSV format

icon

Best answer by gprice27 10 September 2021, 03:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If it’s just a one-time thing, I would export the Generic Inquiry to Excel, then Save As CSV.

If it’s needed on an on-going basis, you could look at Export Scenarios.

Thank you for the reply. Do you you how to extract all customer data in a flat file. I am mainly trying to get the fulladdress from all customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you want to build a Generic Inquiry and go the Export to Excel, then Save As CSV, I think we could do that in an hour. Checkout my consulting offering if you’re interested: https://www.augforums.com/consulting

Userlevel 3
Badge

Agree with Tim - the Receivables Customers screen AR3030PL which lists customers is driven by a Generic Inquiry. 

You can edit that GI  ‘AR-Customers’ to include the address fields and you can filter the screen and export it to excel (using the export button on the toolbar.

If you want it to go straight to a flat file - then you need an export scenario, There should already be one in your data called  ‘Export Customers’  using the ‘Customers’ data provider(excel) (maybe try the sample data) - you can modify this and run this from Export by Scenario screen,

Note - you will probably have to create the target csv file with headers for the Customers data provider and change the provider type to csv.  (see the I100 course for details on exporting to csv)

This is an example of the output using sample data...

Best

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved