Solved

Expense Claim - Placing employees approved expense claim on hold

• 5 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to set up the security so a user group can place an approved expense claim on hold to edit and then resubmit on the employee's behalf.

Thank you,

KT

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 5 May 2023, 21:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ketiller 

What about an approval map?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Looks like there are about 3 questions here.  I did my best to answer below. 

• To view the expense claim they will need to be set higher in the Company Tree or Assigned as a Delegate on the Employee Profile and have appropriate Access Rights to the Screen.
  • To place On Hold they will need to have appropriate Access Rights to the Screen and Hold Action.
  • To submit on the employees behalf they will need to be set higher in the Company Tree or Assigned as a Delegate on the Employee Profile.

After the document has been re-submitted it will trigger the approval process again.  In which case you can modify the approval map to automatically approve based on the Employee’s department or employee that last modified the entry if that is the desired result. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Robert Sternberg 

Thanks for the detailed response, I will provide feedback in accordance with your bullet points. 

• Company Tree, Currently setup up with Admin users (managing Corporate card expenses) then node with all employees below it. 
  • Which specific access rights do we need to have? I believe I have done so?

Currently have System Administrator setup for Expense claim >Expense Claim > Hold = “Edit”

• We use the delegate primarily for office support for field employees or executive assistants. this would require the Admin users to be a delegate for every employee.

I like the idea of editing the approval map to auto-approve it if was previously approved before placing it on hold. 

@kandybeatty49 We currently have approval maps setup for all supervisor approval with finance backup for each business unit. This functionality is more for correcting Expense claims that were entered and approved for month-end close. Want to ensure it is going to the correct account/project etc. 

Thank you,

KT

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You are correct in the Access Rights, while you do not need to explicitly set permissions down to the Hold level (inherited permissions are fine) this will work.  You can use the nested Company Tree approach if you would like.  It can be helpful in these situations however it can take some effort to setup so I recommend testing it in a sandbox.  

I learned about this approach several years ago on AUG forms and use it quite often. 

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/company-tree-and-approval-maps/

There is also some more advanced delegate functionality out now that can help with this if it is not urgent.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved