Skip to main content
Solved

Error running financials

I recently made a journal entry to adjust beginning balances for a merger and when I ran the balance sheet the format looked off even though I made no changes to the format.  However, since the format looked off I went into the row set to see if I could see why and ended up adding a needed section for long-term liabilities.  However, none of the changes I was making would reflect on the balance sheet when I refreshed it.  And now I’m getting the following error and am unable to access the balance sheet at all.

Any ideas?

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I would suggest going to Tools > Trace and review the last requests. I have used this in the past to determine where the issue was with the report. Example, I had the formula incorrect, and the trace pointed me to the row that was the issue. 

Badge +18

Hello,

The above error is typically seen when there is an error in calculations on a Total line.  Please click Trace to see if there is a specific line number shown.  Otherwise, check calculations in the Value column on all Total lines.

Show us a screen shot of your calculations, or export and post your report here so we may better assist you.

Thank you.

Laura

Hi Laura,  Thanks for the suggestions.  The trace logs only seems to refer to some customizations that are on our system.  See attached screenshot.

Also, attached are a screenshot of the calculations.  I was careful to copy the calculations of the other part of the balance sheet that I knew was working.  The current liabilities was working, but stopped showing up on the balance sheet after my journal entry and the long term liabilities section is what I added.

Thanks!

Badge +18

Hello,

Thank you for the extra details. I notice one thing out of place and that is a Caption that should be a Total line -- and missing apostrophe (‘) after 00590 in the formula on the same line.

Good catch.  I updated that, but am still getting the same error when trying to run a balance sheet.

See updated error trace log.

Thanks!

Badge +18

Hi,

Can you export the Row Set to Excel and attach it here? Or, in Report Definitions, use the Clipboard icon to Export the report to XML.  Export to XML will include the Row Definition, Column definition, and optional Unit Set for import to a demo environment for more detailed study - to help us answer.

I don’t know if this will cause any error… 00655 is a GL line with no apparent Data Source. Should 00655 be a Caption?

Thank you.

Laura 

Hi Laura,

I’m not sure on that GL line.  I noticed there was one above in the Asset area and copied it over.  As I mentioned this report used to work fine!

Please see attached XML export.

Thanks so much!

Sheila

Badge +18

Hello,

When I try to run your report in a demo tenant (version 2024 R1), I see a specific error:

I realized the apostrophe is still missing on Line 00640:

This screenshot is from my Sales Demo.

I corrected the formula and now it looks like this:  =sum('00590', '00630')

And it runs without errors (all balances $0 in this demo company)

HTH,

Laura

Hi Laura,

Yes, that appears to be the issue! 

It’s working again.

Sorry for the oversight, but thank you much for your help!

Sheila

Badge +18

Hello Sheila,

I will give you an extra Hint:  this is how I check my typing on all financials that I create:  Filter the TYPE column to look at all the Totals together.  Possibly make the screen bigger with Control - + then look at the Value Column. 

Looking at all formulas together can make a missing character more obvious:

Then filter by Line, make sure the Line Style has been selected, etc. until you have checked all the different lines.

Laura