Solved

Error inactive inventory item

• 11 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

There is a transaction in GL in an unposted status.
Finance - > Post Transactions , I posted the entry and it posted just fine. I do not want this transaction to update the GL , so when I tried to reverse , I received the error , 

“Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Inventory ID value ________

IN Error : Th Inventory Item is Inactive”

My question is Why does the system let me post it once but then not allow me to reverse it ?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 11 March 2024, 19:00

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello,

Can you temporarily activate the item, and reverse the batch?

I think the batch can be posted because it originated in Inventory sub-ledger and was never posted to the GL.  The natural sequence of events for batches coming from IN to GL is to allow posting. 

Acumatica staff will need to explain “why”… but I can guess:  Acumatica is warning you that you’re reversing a GL that came from the IN subsidiary module, and taking Reverse action on this batch may cause a difference between the Inventory Asset account balance in GL and the Inventory Valuation report in IN module.

I understand from a previous post, you are posting old transactions so that financial periods may be closed. I advise you to continue :

• Temporarily activate the Stock item
  • Reverse the GL batch
  • De-activate the Stock item again
  • When the periods are closed up to current, please reconcile the Inventory Valuation report to the Current Inventory asset balances and adjust GL if needed, in the current year/current period.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved