Question

Email Template for AR Invoices

• 11 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to add the primary contact’s name to my email notifications when emailing AR Invoices, e.g. Dear John Smith.

But when I try to add a data field, I only get the Primary Contact ID number, e.g. Dear 6689

In an earlier version I was able to use the “Attention” field, but now that field is greyed out in the Billing section. I have to manually override the settings and add the contact. 

Is there a way to add the greeting without having to override all my contacts? It’s too easy to overlook that tab. 

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

You could probably try:

(DefaultCompanyContact.FirstName)) ((DefaultCompanyContact.LastName))   OR ((customer.DefContactID.FirstName)) ((customer.DefContactID.LastName))  (depending on what tables are available in the related Generic Inquiry.

It also looks like ((Billing_Contact.Attention)) is still available in 2020R2, but I haven’t tested it personally.

Thanks, but I tried all those fields and they all came out blank.  There’s just not field to link the “Primary Contact” table to the email template. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved