Solved

Discrepancies in Budget node vs sub-node.

• 21 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I have noticed that there are inconsistencies between the figures returned by a budget node and those present in the sub-node. I am looking for an explanation of the root cause of this inconsistency and would like to explore possible solutions and best practices to rectify it.

For example, the sub-node amount and distributed amount is 352,962.60 while the node amount is 352,962.60 and the distributed amount is 705,925.20.

I would appreciate your insights on how to effectively troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 22 February 2024, 12:00

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

It’s helpful to know your Acumatica version, to understand how the budget was loaded, and to see a screen shot of all the columns that add up to the Distributed amount for the incorrect roll-up node and all its sub-nodes.

Without the additional information, I can guess that changing one column figure in one of the months, saving, and then changing the figure back and saving again  may re-calculate the Distributed Amount.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the response. I have tried the suggested solution, but it didn’t work.

The version is 2021R1, Build is 22.118.0022+.

The budget was loaded using the upload file option.

Attached below are the screenshots.

1: The sub-node (cost center)

2: Node (Department)- The highlighted are the figures the system is returning as totals for the cost center

Thank you.

Badge +18

Hello,

I see 10 account/subaccounts in #1 that I think are your Subarticles, rolling up to the first highlighted Node in #2.  Does screen #1 show us 100% of the Subarticle lines listed under BID_Employee Costs Node in your Budget Configuration?

Example- Budget Configuration: 13 Accts & Subs Roll up to ‘Revenue Accounts Node

Do any of the Nodes or Accounts in your Budget Tree/Subarticles have Secured column checked ON?

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

Attached is the screenshot that completes all the lines. None of them has the Secured column checked.

Thank you.

Badge +18

Hello,

Do all the accounts in the Node have the same Account Type on the Chart of Accounts?

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

Yes, they all belong to the expense type.

Badge +18

I am running out of ideas.

Are there any customizations on your site that could be interfering?  Rule out customizations by temporarily un-publishing them and viewing the budget.

I though of Finance process → Recalculate, but it looks like Budget ledger is not included in the Recalculate process.

Did you try removing/recreating the budget articles? 

It may be time to open a Support ticket with your VAR or Acumatica.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

I forgot to mention that the user uploaded the file and then released it when all values were correct. They then used the preload articles hoping to view the actual figures alongside the budget figures using the compare-to functionality.

That’s when the budget became messy.

I have recreated the sub-articles, but the issue couldn’t be resolved. 

Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved