Skip to main content
Solved

Designing columns in Balance sheet - ARM Report

• 29 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I have been trying to display a range of columns in balance sheet. So the starting period is fixed - July 2023 whereas the end period is not fixed. It can be either Jun 2024 or greater than that. So how can I setup the report so the number of columns are displayed based on the selection of the end period. below is the design of the balance sheet.

balance sheet will have the multiple columns of periods

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Harshita 

Please refer to the report "Profit & Loss Rolling 12 Month" which may help you.

Best Regards,

NNT

Badge +18

Hello @Harshita ,

I like the suggestion from NNT to use a “Rolling Periods”- style Column Set as a solution to your requirement “columns are displayed based on the selection of the End Period”.

Reversing the order of the columns eases the report design for you because Rolling Periods reports allow you to place the most recent through period (current/ending balance) at the front in Column 1, and the remaining columns subtract from the Through Period across the page.

To accommodate the future, you may add columns up to the maximum # columns with period offset set to -1, -2, -3, -4, -5, etc. Create columns all the way to the maximum.

As the calendar rolls forward, eventually July 2023 will no longer be included because it will be in the distant past. You may continue to use the report with no re-design needed - showing maximum number of recent periods. Or you may decide to show July 2023 hard-coded as the furthest column to the right for comparison.

Laura