Solved

Delete Obsolete Account Classes

• 27 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone, I’m looking to clean up a new client’s account classes. They want to clean up the canned ones and ones that were previously made, but I’m coming across this error:

‘GL Error: Account Class CAPITAL is used in Analitycal Report Manager.’ 

Any ideas on where I can change a setting to allow deletion?

icon

Best answer by NuwanTharanga62 29 June 2023, 10:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Error related The account class used in Acumatica Analytical Report Manager 

1) Report definitions 2) Row sets 3) Column sets 4) Account classes 

Account may be used in any report definitions.

Please check ARM report in detail and verify

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey everyone, I’m looking to clean up a new client’s account classes. They want to clean up the canned ones and ones that were previously made, but I’m coming across this error:

‘GL Error: Account Class CAPITAL is used in Analitycal Report Manager.’ 

Any ideas on where I can change a setting to allow deletion?

Hi @gusl ,

One has to be cautious while deleting any Account class. Please note that the GL accounts are linked to account classes, and the ARM report default data source is set to account classes for reporting purposes.

First remove account class on ARM reports (which are associated with this account class), then you should be able to delete old (unused) account classes.

In the below example, the 'AR' Account class is used on the ARM report. 

To be able to delete ‘AR’ Account class, first you should remove AR data source from this report definition (Balance sheet row set)

** Please note that if you import/configured custom Account classes, then the Financial reports (balance sheet and Profit and loss) need to be updated to reflect the new account classes. Otherwise, the report won't pull the correct information.

Hope this clarifies!

Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Understood, that makes a lot of sense considering the financial reports. This has been solved. Thank you all!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved