Solved

Cash discount on partial payment

• 17 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

Scenario - Customer invoice amount is 580 and prepayment is 530 need to allocate cash discount of 30 (Cash discount Balance 35) and keep the balance payable as 20. 

System gives error “Cash discount can be applied only on final payment.”

I have tested the same scenario in testing environment, and it allows to process the transaction.

can anyone help to correct this error.

Thank you

Desh

icon

Best answer by dwijebandara26 2 December 2022, 16:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dwijebandara26 

Are there any customization in the environment that you have tried to add the discount to?

Also, can you share the steps you are taking to create the invoice and discount?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

No customization.

Steps -

Invoices and Memos → add new → select the customer → select the inventory, qty, unit price.

then the system calculates the cash discount amount automatically and showing in Cash Discount amount.

Remove hold → release → Pay → Change the payment amount → Change the cash discount taken (Automatically showing full amount in both places) → Save → Error 

Customer is setup with the Terms.

Credit Terms as follows in Cash Discount settings

Discount type - Fixed Number of Days starting Next month

Discount Day - 29

Discount % - 6.00

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @dwijebandara26 

When I follow your steps, I get a different error:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21,

In your case the cash discount is less than the 25.

following are the screenshot from the test environment.

If you setup the cash discount in Credit Terms form, once you create the invoice you will get the cash Discount as follows.

when you click pay you will get the following screen,

Then I need to change the Payment amount and Cash Discount taken (in Cash Discount taken you can enter maximum of 34.80)

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dwijebandara26 have you been able to find a resolution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

On my Scenario had the tax. If a tax which is recalculated on early payment applies to an invoice, a cash discount can be given only on the final payment.

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a24a03fb-c39c-4ac2-8e5e-84c67b86605b.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved