Solved

Cannot Update Customer Price class with import scenarios

• 1 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

There seems to be something wrong with import scenarios to update existing customers.  The customer exist in the system and I only had two columns in the excel file, Customer ID and Price Class ID.  When importing, the error is “Legal Name cannot be empty”.  When I add the Account name into the excel spreadsheet, I get “Email address must be specified if “Send statements by Email” option is activated.  The account already has an email address.

I do not want to introduce more fields into the excel spreadsheet as I am just updating the Customer Price Class but it just seems impossible.

Why can’t I just update one field?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 1 April 2024, 12:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @frankneo 

Please find the Import scenario for the customer class

Userlevel 1

I do not have Execute action in my version which is Build 2022.205.  These are all the fields I have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @frankneo 

Please find the screenshot of the actions.

It should be common for every build.

Please untick the below one and process 

Userlevel 1

I tried unticking commit for Customer name, Price Class ID or both, I get issues with email address as shown below.  Emails exist in these existing account.

Badge +18

Hello @frankneo ,

Please show the customer ID’s that are in your Excel sheet and show the same Customer ID’s that are in the Customer screen?

Are you able to manually update the same Price Class field on the customers manually, without seeing any messages, and save without error manually in the Customers profile screen?

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Here is the customer screen.  The price class was changed and saved with no messages popping up.

No errors.

Badge +18

Thank you. When you manually type in the customer id, do you type the Dash, or does Acumatica Add the Dash?

I am wondering whether your Customer ID;’s are segmented.  When ID’s are segmented, we do not type the dash and we do not include the Dash when importing the price class update.

If the Dash is removed from Customer ID in the spreadsheet records, does the import work?

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Laura.  Mystery solved.  There were 2 segments and after deleting the dash, it uploaded with no problems.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved