Skip to main content
Solved

Cannot select project task in a new customer invoice

• 22 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi,

i am creating a customer invoice and have a problem. It happens in the field “Project Task” under Details. After I pick one of the task from the list, the selected task disappear and the field remain blank. I can’t save the invoice when the project task field is blank. Not sure what goes wrong.

Raymond 

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Rmak0501 ,

I need to answer your question with more questions - I hope the questions lead to your answer.

1. If you click Tools → Trace, is there any error or information recorded that may help us know what happened?
  2. Is the Task ID disappearing for just one new project?  Does the Project Task ID work fine now for other customers, other projects? 
  3. Is the site customized?  If Yes, does the Invoice line have the same behavior when customizations are temporarily un-published?
  4. Do other users (such as administrator) have the same problem when entering an invoice to the same project and task?

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Laura,

Below are my answer.

1. I find one exceptions but have no clue what that mean.
  2. The project task just disappear for this project
  3. The site is not customized. We don’t have any customization at all :(
  4. My colleague also get the same problem.

Thanks!

Raymond

Badge +18

Hello,

Please open two projects screens side-by-side and compare field by field:  one project that works, compared to the “problem” project. 

Does any difference stand out? Also, what is your version?  

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Laura,

I make changes in the project that have problem. The problem still exist (i.e. the project task disappear after I pick it). But I find a red cross mark which said “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. Any idea what that mean?

Thanks!

Raymond

Badge +18

Hello Raymond,

The message above, “Object reference not set to an instance of an object,” can indicate an error in a customization.

Please check again the Customization Project screen in ALL Tenants on your site, and look for published projects.  It is possible that published Customizations appear in Customization Project screen for only one tenant, when they have been published to every tenant.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Laura,

The error message seem to appear after I remove the item in the column “Inventory ID”. It doesn’t show again after I enter an item in the column. However, I still have problem to select the Project Task.

Raymond

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Rmak0501 this might be too easy but is the project task active? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi,

The issue is raised with the Acumatica team. They said there is a bud in the system and somehow they fixed it.

Cheers,

Raymoond