Solved

Balance sheet line contains data from another ledger

• 3 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to understand how the Balance Sheet works on Acumatica so I can reproduce it in my integration project. 

From my understanding, Balance Sheets are generated based on a Ledger. However, it appears that the Inventories account in the Balance Sheet below contains data that has been posted to a different Ledger.

This Balance Sheet was generated using the T100 demo data, using the ACTUALSOFT Ledger. 

Inventories amount of 440,480. In addition, I am not sure why this Balance Sheet does not balance.

The Journal Transaction that I am confused about is shown below.

As you can see, this journal was posted to the ACTUALCOMP Ledger, and not the ACTUALSOFT Ledger which I used to generate my Balance Sheet. However, it is still present in my Balance Sheet.

You can see the calculation for the Inventories account below to see that it includes that transaction.

419,000 + 21,480 = 440,480 -- the amount shown in the Balance Sheet

Why is this transaction, that has been posted to a different ledger, present in my Balance Sheet?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 26 May 2023, 22:24

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

In the screen shot, we can see an Intercompany transaction, showing the Ledger above for only one side of the entry. What is the Ledger for the other side of the entry?  To find out, I checked the Branch configuration:

In the training companies, SOFT branch is connected to ActualSoft Ledger.

West Branch is connected to ActualComp Ledger. The inter-company entry shown above will update two ledgers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Laura02 ,

Thank you for your response.

I do not see the corresponding result in the ACTUALSOFT ledger. The journal lines are posted to the ACTUALCOMP ledger but list SOFT as the branch. I would think that it should appear in both ledgers, but I cannot find the corresponding transaction.

I’m not sure if this is a mistake in the data (as the balance sheet does not balance, so it is likely there is something wrong here), or if it is something I am missing.

Badge +18

Thank you for the extra info. Where is Ledger being selected in the report design?  Ledger can be selected in the data source of Row Set, Column Set or Unit Set; it can also be selected in the Report Definition.  The report Definition may also prompt users to choose a ledger on printing.  If Ledger is not selected in any of these places, then the report could include all ledgers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am prompted to select a ledger when generating the balance sheet.

Because I selected the ACTUALSOFT ledger during report generation, I expect it to only contain journal transactions that are within that ledger. But this appears not to be the case.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still looking for an explanation for this if anyone can help

Badge +18

Hello,

Please check again, the Branch configuration in T100 training tenant.

SOFT branch is connected to ActualSoft Ledger.

WEST Branch is connected to ActualComp Ledger. The inter-company entry shown above will update two ledgers.

To easily see the transactions from one batch posting to two ledgers, expose the Ledger field on the Journal Transactions area.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Laura02

Thank you for your response.

So from what I understand, the Balance Sheet pulls all journal transactions that belong to a ledger, even if the journal itself is in another ledger?

For example, this journal entry was posted to the ACTUALCOMP ledger, but the journal lines affect the ACTUALSOFT ledger

Badge +18

“the Balance Sheet pulls all journal transactions that belong to a ledger “

Yes, correct.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved