Solved

Automate Revalue GL Accounts?

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m trying to automate the monthly revaluation of GL accounts in foreign currency. Screenshot below is what I came up with for the filter. What I’m not sure about is the financial period. I’d like it to be relative like the date, but my understanding is that checkbox only works for date fields. Anyone know if there’s a way to make it default to current period so it doesn’t have to be manually changed every time?

icon

Best answer by jhouser 26 December 2023, 15:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jhouser 

In the Relative, put the current Financial Period. 

Relative A check box that indicates (if selected) that the field value is relative with respect to the current business date. This option is used only if the field selected in the Field Name column for this row is a date field.
The system calculates delta between the current business date and the date you specify in the Value column. On every execution, the system applies the delta to the execution date and filters data using the resulted date.
For example, you need an automated schedule to prepare and email customer statements on the 1st of the month. You need the system to filter customer data on a date that is the day before the execution date. When you configure the schedule, you select Statement Date field in the Field Name column, select the Relative check box and specify yesterday’s date (with respect to the current business date) in the Value column. When you save the configuration the system calculates the delta between the current business date and the date you specified, which is minus one (-1). The system will apply the delta to the execution date and use the resulted date to filter customer data.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 Thanks, we will try that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’ve tested this automation schedule, and every time I get the error below:

It acts as though the effective currency rate has not changed, but I’ve updated it multiple times and tried different dates and periods. When I run the revaluation manually, it does create a GL batch. Thoughts anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jhouser were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Chris Hackett No, appears only once currency can be revalued at a time, and this would require customization. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved