Solved

ARM Report formula for Trial Balance report filter by multiple period if sign of trial balance is reversed?

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone, 

I see that the reverse sign of Trial balance  don't apply to ARM Report so the formula Asset+Expense+Liabilities+Income not equal to 0

I want to create a trial balance report filter by period in arm report but i dont know how set up row sets or column sets to achieve this.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 6 July 2023, 14:41

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @hthuy24 ,

Financial reporting using ARM features of Acumatica meets the needs of approximately 90% of clients, in my experience. For those with complex reporting needs, we recommend Velixo. Velixo is an Add-on to Excel to help you build reports in Excel that read the Acumatica database tables.

Please see Gabriel’s Post:

To make the report you describe using ARM will require many calculations in the columns.   I am not a programmer so I will give an example in English, not in code:

If account type is Asset or expense ( or If account number begins with ‘1’, ‘5’, ‘6’ etc.) then Add Beginning Balance plus debit  amount and subtract credit amount = Ending Balance.

If Account Type is Liability or Income, add beginning balance plus Credit Amount minus Debit Amount to get Ending Balance. Then multiply calculated ending balance by negative 1 to get reversed sign Ending Balance. Multiply beginning balance times -1 to get reversed sign beginning balance.

Test carefully.

I’m not sure calculations by Account Type or Account Number are possible with ARM.  When I looked at available parameters, I found @RowNumber and @AccountCode fields that may work.

Good luck!

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @hthuy24 ,

Financial reporting using ARM features of Acumatica meets the needs of approximately 90% of clients, in my experience. For those with complex reporting needs, we recommend Velixo. Velixo is an Add-on to Excel to help you build reports in Excel that read the Acumatica database tables.

Please see Gabriel’s Post:

To make the report you describe using ARM will require many calculations in the columns.   I am not a programmer so I will give an example in English, not in code:

If account type is Asset or expense ( or If account number begins with ‘1’, ‘5’, ‘6’ etc.) then Add Beginning Balance plus debit  amount and subtract credit amount = Ending Balance.

If Account Type is Liability or Income, add beginning balance plus Credit Amount minus Debit Amount to get Ending Balance. Then multiply calculated ending balance by negative 1 to get reversed sign Ending Balance. Multiply beginning balance times -1 to get reversed sign beginning balance.

Test carefully.

I’m not sure calculations by Account Type or Account Number are possible with ARM.  When I looked at available parameters, I found @RowNumber and @AccountCode fields that may work.

Good luck!

Laura

Thanks Laura, your idea is really helpful.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved