Solved

Are 1099 NEC form changes available/installed/applied for version 2019 R2?

• 8 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Customer is on version 2019 R2 and is wondering if this version includes the 1099 NEC changes.

Tanya
Client Success Manager

icon

Best answer by vkumar 9 October 2020, 07:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi, 

If you are referring to the changes as per following IRS publication, 

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/changes-to-current-forms-publications/filing-forms-1099-misc-with-nec-in-box-7-with-the-irs-dec-2017,

this has been included on 2019r2 GA build (19.200 ) onwards.

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kratzert To follow up with Vijay’s comment, there were changes made to the forms to affect 2020 taxes, which we have some information on here:

https://portal.acumatica.com/2020/06/1099-nec-support/

We also made the changes in the following builds:

• 2018 R2: update 21
  • 2019 R1: update 20
  • 2019 R2: update 13
  • 2020 R1: update 09
  • 2020 R2: all versions

Prior versions of Acumatica can request a quote for a customization package.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kratzert,

Thank you for providing the additional information and link.  It would be helpful if Acumatica would reference the actual build number rather than an Update number.  Using the Update number reference requires a translation to the actual build number and may cause confusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@kratzert,

Thank you for providing the additional information and link.  It would be helpful if Acumatica would reference the actual build number rather than an Update number.  Using the Update number reference requires a translation to the actual build number and may cause confusion.

Hello Joel, the full build number usually makes no sense: public build numbers never change. But we provide them in our KBs and Release Notes.

To know the update number from the build number, you simply need to look at the digits after the major version number: 19.205.XXXX is Update 5 of Version 19 R2.

For more info, refer to the Product Support Life Cycle page. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I was just looking at Aatrix reports and forms for payroll and noticed that they also have the 1099 listed for Acumatica. Can someone please let me know if Acumatica has an integration with Aatrix for 1099 in payables? this is what I found

https://partner.aatrix.com/acumatica

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge

The problem I have with the original reply to the post is that is was inaccurate:

“this has been included on 2019r2 GA build (19.200 ) onwards”

That is not the case. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved