Question

Approval for AP bills

Our company is “new” to Acumatica. We have been on system for over one year. We post AP bills by Purchase Orders > Actions > Enter AP bill - Need to know how others are set up to have project managers approval for AP bills entered “thru” purchase orders.

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI. we are considering Acumatica currently.

for accounts payable: to vouch an invoice, i would like to click 1 action only daily to turn all PO receivers into accounts payable. 

this way, we don;t need to enter the invoice individually.

do you know Acumatica has this feasture?

thank you

Zoey

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @zoeymuff To create bill automatically when PO Receipt is released, follow the below instructions. Note: Kindly verify with your Acumatica Administrator before making changes to the settings.

1. As shown below, the settings “Create Bill on Receipt Release” should be enabled 

1. Release the Purchase Receipts using the below screen in one click of the “Process” or “Process All” action. Note: The Purchase Receipts should have the “Balanced” status to show in the below screen.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ChandrasekharM 

thank you so much! 

where there is a po, we would like to create  bill upon “receipts release”. 

I am guessing where “receipt release” means: “release” from “receiving location” to some sort of “available for use location”?

simple example would be: say a receiver ID receives part ABC 20 qty from PO1, part ABC requires the passing of inspection upon receiving from po.  say 5 qty fails incoming inspection and being marked to return to vendor, and 15 pieces are released to use for production. 

so, by checking the box “create Bills on receive release”, only 15 pieces are vouched and invoices as accounts payable?

many thanks

Zoey

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @zoeymuff Once the Receipt is released, the Qty Received will be Invoiced. If your inspection is before the Receipt release, then you can only receive the quantities that are QA passed.

If your quality check is after receiving the goods and releasing the PO Receipt, then you may have to book a Return for the failed quantities (PO Receipts Screen → Action → Return can be used). Releasing this Return in PO Receipts screen with “Create Bill” checked, the system will automatically generate the Debit Adjustments for the return.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ChandrasekharM 

you read my mind and answered my next question before i even ask! i was going to ask you on the automatically creation of Debit memo,, yet, can we input the RMA number from vendor at a later date after the Debit memo is created and prior to posting? since many times, it takes time to obtain an RMA number from the vendors.

i am guessing with this setup, the system should still allows us to vouch an invoice where PO is not created?

thank you

Zoey

Userlevel 2

It doesn’t matter the source of the AP bill, the Approval flow is trigger by “releasing” the balanced AP Bill.  The Approval flow depends on the the Acumatica version that you use.  At the Project level the Project Manager field is called the Approver ID.  See below.  As long as the PO is assigned to a project and the project ID flows through to the AP Bill this should work. 

This is great information.  However, upon this hitting AP, I would like it to come in as “on hold”, not “open” - this will allow AP to make any final adjustments as our Project Managers do not care to learn how taxes work and do not want to adjust their po’s for delivery charges, etc, .  Does anyone know of a solution on how to complete this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ChandrasekharM n @seastman20  and @accountant13 

thank you all..

yes. our QC is after receiving.. great information

@accountant13 , we are not yet Acumatica customer, but can we assign the approval level to AP?

Zoey

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @accountant13 Please find the below setting “Hold Documents on Entry” to have the initial status of the document as “Hold”

Thanks

@ChandrasekharM I did try that and unfortunately it still came through as “Open”

The trick was I had to un click the highlighted below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @accountant13 Thanks for the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved