Skip to main content
Solved

AP Payment approval on reprint

• 7 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Trying to configure a payment approval map that will trigger an approval if the payment enters the reprint process.

Has anyone had done this or is it easier to handle through a security access?

Coleen

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@coleenmcnally22 Approval Workflow kicks in ONLY from the time a document is removed from hold until gets approved (depending on document can be open, balanced, active…).

It doesn’t monitor the statuses after a document is approved as a result other actions will not trigger the AW without customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghaei thanks...that is what I thought. I think my best option would be to handle the reprint action through access rights.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No worries, To the best of my knowledge, that is the only out-of-the-box option you have. The other potential option that I can think of is to edit the document status flow diagram in the Customization editor so the reprint action changes the document status to hold. If this works then all your approval logs will be cleared when document is removed from hold. It might worth exploring in your sandbox environment.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Interesting idea!  I am not that familiar with changing workflows, but I can give it a try. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nothing to lose. Just be careful to add enough conditions so the posted documents are not impacted.