Solved

Allowing AP supervisor to see all records in approvals screen

• 2 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The AP supervisor wants to see all of the outstanding approvals and who has not done their approvals.  How do I make it so she can see them on the ALL tab?

She does have her own approvals both for herself and her work group just find, just cant seem to allow her to see what is outstanding for everyone else. 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 2 April 2024, 19:10

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Where is the AP Supervisor located in the Company Tree?  To see all approvals, I believe the Supervisor needs to be located in a node above the other Approvers.  An employee may be included in more than one node of the Company Tree. 

For example, Michael & Maxwell in Executive Branch could see/approve items for lower branches like Administrative, Consulting, and Finance:

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, Laura I gave that a try.  Didn’t have any luck.  The AP supervisor is in Check Review and also in the Approval group and she still only sees her approvals.

Badge +18

Hello,

Adding the Supervisor above the Approvers does allow the supervisor to see approvals in groups below his in sales demo company.

Michael has no pending Approvals
Michael’s Workgroup has 2 pending Approvals

Michael can see 3 approvals under All Records.

Three pending Approvals exist altogether.

Third item, Sales Quote, is not assigned to Michael Andrews or his Work Group - it’s assigned to Jason. In Employees screen, Michael is not Jason’s supervisor and is not Jason’s Delegate.

I’m showing the standard Approvals screen, URL below. 

Is your screen customized? If yes, to rule out customizations, please check the All Records tab of Approvals screen with customizations temporarily disabled.

I am showing version site.pngAcumatica 2023 R2
Build 23.202.0058 .

Laura

Badge +18

Hello,

In your example, whose approvals is the supervisor trying to see?  If Supervisor is a member of the “Approval” Workgroup - Supervisor is already seeing “Approval” Workgroup’s approvals on Supervisor’s own My Workgroup tab.

If there is no other node under Check Review in Company Tree…. Supervisor is seeing everything available in her My Workgroup tab.

If Supervisor needs to see Approvals assigned to “Check Approval 2”, for example, then move Check Approval 2 node down, underneath Check Review.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Also - If you have a “named” approver (without a workgroup) then what Laura is mentioning above wouldn’t apply.  I.e. if conditions are met then approver is “Jane Doe” (and the workgroup field is blank).  If this is the case, you might be better off building a generic inquiry based off of the EPApproval table and filtering for AP type documents for your Supervisor to review.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved