Solved

adding a cost onto an existing part in stock

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I have manufactured parts that are already in stock and ready to be sold.  I am sending them out for a finishing process so I’m not going to be running them thru production as I don’t need to have “extra inventory.”  Does anyone know a way to get this outside processing cost onto the cost of the part without doing a landed cost?

icon

Best answer by meagan59 30 January 2024, 23:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@andy99 You could just do a manual Inventory Adjustment with only the additional total cost in the ‘Ext Cost’ field to add to the existing item inventory value, quantity should be set to zero.

This will create a cost adjustment to value only without impacting the quantity in stock.

ok thanks Meagan.  And this won’t matter no matter how we have our costs set up?  We use average cost.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@andy99 The cost you add with the adjustment transaction will add to the total cost of that item in the warehouse. Therefore the additional cost/value will be averaged out across all current quantity on hand for the item.

For example, if you have 5 units in stock at a $10 unit cost, the value of current stock for the item is $50. If a cost adjustment is entered for the item with Ext Cost = $5, the resulting value of stock will be $55. The new average cost for each unit is $11.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved