Solved

Account Receivable and Payable setoof

• 13 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

Let's say I have an invoice amounting 100 for a customer. Also, I have a bill amounting 250 for that customer. I need to setoff 100 and pay only 150. Could you please assist me how we can perform that in Acumatica?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 13 November 2023, 10:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am presuming you owe the customer 250 as a vendor and they owe you 100 as a customer.

The only way i can see to do it to raise a Credit Memo to clear the 100 of the customer record and expense it to a clearing account/suspense GL account. You can then apply the credit memo against the invoice.

Then raise a debit memo on the vendor for the 100 and expense it to the sale GL account.so the GL clears and now the Vendor balance will be 150.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sorry a typo should be Same not Sale 

“Then raise a debit memo on the vendor for the 100 and expense it to the same GL account.so the GL clears and now the Vendor balance will be 150.”

@Laura02 

We are currently working on a customization that will support offset of AP and AR documents. It will automatically create AR and AP payments for the same amount to a special clearing account and a bank AP payment for the remaining balance if needed. The customization should be available at the end of november. Later this functionality will be included into the core (perhaps 2024R2).

Currently you can manually create an AR Payment and AP Payment or AR Credit Memo and AP Debit Adjustment (as suggested by @dcomerford ), post them to a clearing account and apply to the AR/AP Invoice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @adharmawansha22 ,

You can try the below workaround. But initially try this in the test environment and check.

Create a dummy/ cash account to create AR payment and AP payment

Create a dummy payment method, enable use on AR and AP modules, and link it only to the above cash account

Make a payment using this payment method and cash account on the AR invoice ($100)

Make a payment (only for $100) for the AP bill using the above payment method and cash account.

The net balance on the Cash account will be zero ( the dummy clearing account) And there will be a payable outstanding amount.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved