Solved

Account Details For Purchase Accrual Account Does Not Balance to Purchase Accrual Balance by Period

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hoping for some guidance.  I am not an accountant so take pity.  Much thanks to any advice for helping a newbie.  My AP clerk is running the Purchase Accrual By Period on the Purchase Accrual Account.  She is also running the Account Details for the Purchase Accrual Account.  If they are run over the same period lest say June of 2023, would the accounts tie out and balance or is there always going to be a variance.    They have said in the past these tied/balanced but lately it its been off some periods more than others.  So should they balance/tie out?  If not, why wouldn’t they balance 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 10 September 2023, 11:27

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

1. Please run the Purchase Accrual Summary report in Purchasing module for all accounts. It’s possible that more than one Purchase Accrual account has been entered on the GL Accounts tab of Vendors and used to post the purchase accruals.
  2. Look at the activity in all of the Purchase Accrual Accounts in the GL Trial Balance report, to see whether activity on the Purchase Accrual Summary matches the Debits and Credits in the GL Trial Balance for a given period (as you described).
  3. Check the Release Batches screens in PO, AP, and IN modules to make sure every batch that updated PO, AP, and IN has been posted to the GL.
  4. Check GL Post Transactions Process to make sure every batch from AP and IN modules has been posted to GL.
  5. Use Account Details screen in Finance/GL module to make sure All transactions  posted to your PO Accrual account originated in either PO, AP or IN. Click the Module column to filter: there should be no GL entries in PO Accruals account. 

Please let us know what you find, and post some screen shots, please.  We’ll help further based on what you find.  Thank you!

Laura

@smeakim I’m new to this forum, but wanted to try to be of some help.  Usually I am just a leech on here trying to steal as much information from others as I can.  I took a look in our system and ours also does not balance.

By default The Purchase Accrual Balance by Period includes every single PO receipt that was an unbilled amount.  In our system we have some PO Receipts that were never billed.  

By default the  same account in Account Details only shows the PO Receipts with a transaction date inside the period you are searching for.

In short I don’t think they’ll show the same balance.  The former will show lots more.

Userlevel 1

thanks all there was no way to tell what caused the problem…  our VAR showed us how to fix but we cant provide our data to Acumatica so researching more is not possible it why I think we are one of a very few that host our own Acumatica instance

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved