Solved

Unable to Create Service Orders/Appointments from Project (...) Actions Menu

Badge +18

Hello,

I am trying to create a new Service Order &/or Appointment using the (...) Actions Menu in the Projects screen. I’ve tried several different order types with the same result:  The procedure appears successful in the projects screen , but no new Service Order is created. What have I missed?

When I click Create and Review, or Create, a pop-up window asks whether I want to override settings on the contacts tab.  Whether I answer Yes or No, the Operation completes, and yet no new Service Order or Appointment appears.

I verified that the customer attached to my test project has all fields completed in the Service Management area of the Billing tab in the Customer profile. The project itself has a Billing Rule. The trace contains different messages depending on whether I try to create an Appointment (see below 4:29:05 pm) or a Service Order (see below 3:58:29):

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by cindywhitner76 5 October 2022, 14:16

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @laura01 

Could it be something with your service order type?

What is your behavior, service order workflow and appointment workflow?

I tested it in my local and had no issues with those types. 

Badge +18

Thank you for the quick response, Kandy.  I tried several Order Types.  The three fields you asked about are an exact match to yours above. Our Numbering sequence is different from yours.  I just verified - Service Order numbering is set to Automatic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @laura01 

Is there by chance a customization in this instance? I looked in the DAC for the PMBillEngine and couldn’t find anything:

Badge +18

This morning before users came in, I temporarily disabled the only published Customization my customer has. I’m still not able to create service orders from a project, but I see a different message in the trace (making progress!):

The project in question has no Tax Zones populated, the customer on the project has no tax zone on the shipping tab or on their one location, MAIN, and the company branch for which the service order is being created has no tax zone. The one task on this project had no Tax Category.  I don’t understand why Acumatica is complaining about tax zone. I tried adding the zip to a tax zone,then adding the same tax zone to the customer, customer location, project, and branch. I marked the project-task as taxable and still see the same error in the trace when trying to create a service order.  The Project screen shows a Green checkmark as if service order was created, service order was not created and trace has just the one error now.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @laura01 

Is there an external Tax provider such as Avalara or Vertex? 

Have you tried with a different project?

Just a few thoughts to rule things out :)

Badge +18

Thanks again, Kandy. The problem occurs with all projects that we have tried. I am able to open Service Orders screen and manually add service orders for the same projects, no problems -- that is our work-around for now.  It will be more convenient to the customer when they can use the shortcut from the Projects screen.

This customer does not have Avalara or any external tax provider. The project I selected for testing is out of state for our client and I think the customer is not taxable for this reason. 

Userlevel 1

@laura01 - Could you provide some additional information on the issue you are running into. 

1. Is this the warning message you receive when trying to create the service document?
    Is the Calculate Project-Specific Taxes checked in the Project Preferences?
  3. What Acumatica version are you running?

We have a bug recently reported where the above message is appearing when attempting to create a service document from projects and the Calculate Project-Specific Taxes is checked.  Trying to determine if this is the same issue.    Thank you for the information.

Badge +18

Hello Cindy, I think you are onto something….

1. Yes I do see the Override settings question when trying to create service documents.  I tried answering both Yes and No. I did not try “Cancel”.
  2. Calculate Project-Specific Taxes is checked ON in Project Preferences.
  3. Version.

Thank you!

Badge +18

Acumatica has confirmed a bug, corrected in 22.114.0029:

Please be informed that this bug is fixed in 2022R1 Update 14. Kindly upgrade to fix the issue. https://community.acumatica.com/supported-releases-67/acumatica-2022-r1-update-14-build-22-114-0029-11808

Userlevel 1

@laura01  - I am not sure we are referring to the same issue.  The issue related to the details in my previous post is still in progress and I would expect to be fixed in a future update of 2022R1.  Thank you.  Cindy

Userlevel 1

@laura01 - There are 2 issues that can generate a similar error message, but in different screens.  Hopefully this information will help clarify the scenarios and when the fix is available.

1. Creating a service order from projects was not working.  This item was caused by the way the process was reading field values and has been corrected in 22R1 update 14 and 22R2 update 03.
  2. In the service order and appointment screens, a similar error could display if the contact information was set to come from “Business Account” and the Project Preferences - “Calculate Project Specific Taxes” was checked.  This could be an issue if using a third party tax provider where the address is used to determine tax jurisdiction.  This issue will be fixed in 22R1 update 16 and a future 2022R2 update.
Userlevel 2
Badge

@cindywhitner76 - I encountered Issue 2 working with a client using 22.107.0022.  I see it’s documented as known issue AC-250972.  22R1 Update 16 was released on Nov. 29 but I don’t see a fix mentioned in the release notes.  I double-checked this by upgrading a test site to Update 16; I confirmed it doesn't include a fix. Can you provide a new target 2022 R1 build, and a target 2022 R2 build?  I'm planning to upgrade my client to 2022 R2 soon.

Userlevel 1

@JohnBieler61 & @laura01 - The fix for the 2nd item mentioned in my above post unfortunately was not fixed in 2022R1 update 16.  I am working to get information on when it could be expected in a future update.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI, I have the same issue. A2022 R2 Build 22.207.0013 

Opportunity to create FS Order or appointment.  It does not create no error. and this opportunity is not linked to a Project.

I turned off Project Specific Taxes. 

Then I am creating FS Order.

Please advise on update

Badge +18

Hello @phillipmarotta ,

Did you find a solution to your above question?  A new question was asked today - after upgrading to 2022 R2, inability to create a Service Order from an Opportunity. Maybe you can shed some light?

Thank you.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved