ServiceOrder Billing - Bill Actual Amount From Appointment

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

I have a created a service order billing cycle:

• Run Billing for: Service Orders
  • Group Billing Documents by: Service Orders

In an appointment I have a service item with an estimate of 4 hours but the actual qty is 6 hours. After closing the appointment the item is transferred to service order for billing.

However instead of the actual amount of 6 hours the only 4 hours are billed when running billing. 

If I change the billing cycle to: 

• Run Billing for: Appointments
  • Group Billing Documents by: Service Orders

now billing is moved to the appointment which will create multiple invoices which isn’t what we want. 

Changing the billing cycle: 

• Run Billing for: Service Orders
  • Group Billing Documents by: Appointment

is not permitted by the system. 

Is there a way to to make service orders bill the actual amounts and qtys from the appointments? Or am I missing something why this isn’t supposed to work? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 30 November 2023, 16:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @nbnex 

We have noticed the same issue and had to write a customization to get around it.  I’d recommend starting a support case with Acumatica to report the bug.  I’d also advise entering a Product Idea/Suggestion that they fix it.

Best,

David

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved