Solved

Service Order invoicing vs Sales Order invoicing

• 14 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve noticed that invoicing sales orders removes inventory (creates an inventory issue and releases it), but invoicing service orders only creates the inventory issue and does not release it.  So the invoice dr debtors, cr stock sales, but the other half of the transaction (dr cost of stock sales, cr inventory) hasn’t happened.  Is there a reason for this inconsistency or is it a setup issue?  I really feel that users who are invoicing shouldn’t need to release the inventory issue manually, it’s an unnecessary extra step.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 February 2022, 17:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MarciaW 

What is the process followed to create an invoice/complete service order? Is invoice generated from an appointment or Service order?

I tried generating an invoice from Service order appointment with stock item, it did generate an Inventory document and release it. 

Following SO preference setting should apply for IN documents generated.

I can test further based on your response. 
Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks so much Vijay this is helpful.  We are invoicing from the service order.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MarciaW 

What is the process followed to create an invoice/complete service order? Is invoice generated from an appointment or Service order?

I tried generating an invoice from Service order appointment with stock item, it did generate an Inventory document and release it. 

Following SO preference setting should apply for IN documents generated.

I can test further based on your response. 
Regards,

We do have this setting checked.

Badge +18

I wonder if the Service Order Type comes into play. Look at Billing Settings section of General tab of Service Order Types screen.  What kind of Billing Document is the particular order type creating?  What kind of order is used for allocation? I expect the Sales Order Preference setting for whether to auto-release inventory batches comes into play only when the service order type is generating Sales Order billing documents. For example, if the Service Order creates AR billing documents, would Acumatica still follow Sales Order Preferences settings when deciding whether to auto-release related inventory transactions?

I don’t see similar auto-release inventory options in AR. Maybe you’ll want to schedule the IN release transactions process, vs. asking employees to release.  Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks laura01, this is useful and you’ve also given me an idea.  Maybe another place to look is business events, something like that.  I haven’t looked into that very much yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MarciaW were you able to find a solution for this? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MarciaW were you able to find a solution for this? Thank you!

Still no luck unfortunately.  We are billing service orders through sales orders, I’ve checked everything that Laura suggested, but all looks in order.  All our settings look right!

I’m wondering if this is inherent in the design, or are other people overcoming it somehow?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved