Solved

Service Module - Customer portal

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all! We are trying to come up with the best way to create a customer portal where they can view their locations, equipment, service orders/appointments and the reports generated for the appointments. 

I know there is a self-service portal but that seems to be designed for more financial items. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 2 July 2021, 21:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all! We are trying to come up with the best way to create a customer portal where they can view their locations, equipment, service orders/appointments and the reports generated for the appointments. 

I know there is a self-service portal but that seems to be designed for more financial items. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

A new generic inquiry add to the Customer Portal should fetch the details to the Customers.

Userlevel 1

@ChandrasekharM Thank you for your help! I will look more into this!

Userlevel 1

@mikeschmitt81 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ChandrasekharM    How did you restrict access to the data based on the user that logged in?  For example, using the demo data, login as Harper and only have access to ABC Studio sales orders.  We’d only want to see service orders and appointments specific to the customer the contact is attached to.

Userlevel 1

Hi @mikeschmitt81,

Were y’all able to find a solution to restrict access to the service data based on the user that is logged in?  This is an issue I am running up against as well. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @mikeschmitt81 @jgrotte 

Any of you able to restrict the access to the data based on the user that is logged in? If so can you please share the method?

Userlevel 1

Hi @apallawala21,

I was able to get this working by joining the PX.Objects.CR.Contact table to the inquiry.  Next, I added the Condition in the screenshot below.  I found this in the the manual titled “AcumaticaERP_Self-Service_Portal_Admin” in the section called Tailoring Self-Service Portal: To Create a Generic Inquiry

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved