Solved

Sales Order and Service Order costs from PO

• 30 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We need the costs that come through from PO’s onto our sales orders and service orders to show on the Daily Sales Profitability Report.  So firstly - is there a magic fix like a setting or something that we can change in order to incorporate these costs into the line items in the invoice?  That’s first prize.

If not, I have managed to create a GI to fetch the costs for the service order using the following joins, but I can’t find the same connections for SO:

I’m also just wondering if anyone has a more elegant solution than these GI’s?  I’m sure there are many others who also need to see these PO’s included in job costs.  In fact strictly speaking they only become costs once the items have been receipted so I should add another line for PC.

Then - last question.  Because the same PO is linked to multiple lines of the service order, and I only need to show the cost once, I grouped by PO order number.  But it is adding the two lines together, and I only want to show the cost once, do I need to do something in a calculation?

icon

Best answer by MarciaW 21 February 2023, 10:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @MarciaW , were you able to come up with a solution for this? Doesn’t seem like PO-to-Order cost is displayed on the profitability analysis GIs/reports. This is because the PO Receipt cost is not registered on the ARTran.Cost field. Wondering if you found a good solution for this one? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @eshahid98 

Please find attached the GI’s that I created in the interim to overcome the issue.  It gives the purchase order values and you can also add purchase receipt values to it.  We are moving version 2022 R2 and I’m hoping this will be incorporated there!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@MarciaW  - Thank you for sharing the GIs. This helps me get started with the GIs, as I did plan to manage this through custom GIs if I didn’t find anything in the core product.

I went through 2022R2 release notes but do not see an improvement coming to purchase-to-order cost tracking in the sales order scenarios. :(. But I believe there is an improvement on the service order side of things. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I hope it saves you some time!  It took me ages to find the right tables for those GI’s.  I also checked the release notes for 2022R2 and was disappointed to see that it hasn’t happened yet.  I’m going to log it as a bug!  I think for us this has been one of the only real flaws in Acumatica so far.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@MarciaW  - thank you so much! It was a good place to start for me!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved